Get your kids in the Christmas spirit with this fun and festive sweater ornament craft! Perfect for DIY decorating.
Keep the Christmas craft fun going with this adorable handmade sweater ornament! Your kids will have so much fun creating these special decorations to hang on the tree!
- Sweater Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Loose Craft Glitter
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- Printed Picture
- First things first – download the free sweater printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Use crayons to color in ONE of the sweater designs for now.
- Then use scissors to trim it out.
- Go ahead and also cut out the center circle as well.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the sweater cutout on top of the contact paper, facing downward.
- Trim down your picture so it fits inside the ornament. Lay it inside the design.
- Sprinkle some loose craft glitter now on top, to fill in blank spots.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- For the final touch, add embellishments for a customized look.
- Then hold punch a hole on top and string some string through it for easy hanging.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful Christmas photo ornament piece!
RELATED —> Pom Pom Painted Polka Dot Ugly Sweater
It’s never too soon to get your kids involved in crafting for the holidays! Why not start with this holiday sweater ornament craft? With just a few simple supplies, you and your kids can create a seasonal decoration that will last for years!
Even if your little ones don’t have the skills to make it entirely on their own, they will learn something new while enjoying time together. Best of all, there’s no right or wrong way to approach this project—you can go wild designing sweaters in colors and patterns that suit your style! So what are you waiting for?
Gather the materials from around the house and let those creative juices flow! Decorate, be merry, and most of all, have fun!