A sweet way to commemorate a child’s first Valentine’s Day – with a handprint craft that will always remind you of their love.
Grab the paper plates, poster paint and a few craft supplies – it’s time to create lasting memories with your little love!
Nothing is sweeter than their tiny hands, so why not turn that into a Valentine keepsake? With today’s unique Handprint You Will Always Be My First Valentine keepsake idea, you can make an adorable DIY craft project with you child that they will treasure now and as they grow.
Using simple materials and our free provided printable located below, you’ll be able to have a sweet memento that celebrates how much they mean to you this holiday . . . or any day of the year!
Handprint Valentine Keepsake
While store-bought gifts may come and go in a matter of days, the thoughtful gesture of an individualized card will forever remain engraved in our memories. Today I want to share an incredibly easy way to create something truly unique and heartwarming!
This latest handprint idea is made with just a few simple supplies and our EXCLUSIVE free printable that I’ve provided below.
All you need to do is print out the “My First Valentine” file on white cardstock paper, add your child’s two PAINTED handprints to the center and finish off with some heart stickers all around. It’s doesn’t get any easier than this! This Valentine’s Day keepsake craft can happen within minutes and I sure hope you give it a try today!
It is sure to bring a smile today–and always–when displayed as part of your home decor during the month of February. So grab some supplies, carve out some time this afternoon and capture those memories forever.
PAIR YOUR CRAFT WITH —> Building Memories With Dad
My First Valentine Keepsake Idea
- White Cardstock Paper
- VALENTINE'S DAY PRINTABLE - LANDING PAGE
- Washable Craft Paint any color
- First print out our provided printable, in color, on a single sheet of white cardstock paper. You only need one print per craft.
- Use crayons, markers or coloring pencils to color in the envelope design.
- Next, grab your craft paint and paper plate.
- Squirt some paint on the paper plate.
- Working one hand at a time, paint the palm of your child's hand completely and press it down, right in the center of the envelope design.
- Carefully lift up their hand to reveal the handprint design underneath. Repeat for the second hand.
- Now clean off your child's hands with baby wipes and a trip to the sink.
- When ready to finish the craft, if desired, add heart stickers all around the design.
- Add other embellishments you see fit, as well as having children sign the bottom, along with their age.
- Set aside to let it dry completely.
- Then display/gift away proudly!