Looking for a fun and easy Christmas craft for kids? This paper plate manger Nativity scene is perfect! Kids will love creating this adorable scene.
Fork Painted & Paper Plate Baby Jesus In A Manger
It’s another unique tutorial from Glued To My Crafts! Today we are merging together a paper plate, Tulip craft paint and a plastic fork, to make this one-of-a-kind Baby Jesus In A Paper Plate Manger nativity kid craft idea within minutes!
There’s even a FREE printable in the supply list, that you will find below, to get you started even faster!
Ready to make it happen? Keep scrolling for ALL the details so you can recreate this Nativity craft with your young crafter this holiday season! I hope you have a great time recreating it with them!
RELATED —> Handprint Nativity Keepsake Printable
Paper Plate Manger Craft
We have a variety of easy and fun Christmas crafts for kids that are perfect for classroom parties or family fun.
- One Plastic Fork
- Brown Tulip Puffy Paint
- Yellow Tulip Puffy Paint
- Large Paper Plate
- Loose Craft Glitter
- White Cardstock Paper
- Baby Jesus Printable
- Color Printer
- Crayons, Coloring Pencils or Markers
- School Glue
- First squirt some craft paint in the center of your large paper plate. You don’t need a lot. The size of a quarter is a good starting point.
- Take the fork – which is your “paint brush” and spread the paint ALL around to make the “hay” in the manger. Just make sure though that you keep the paint on the paper plate. You can however move it anywhere and in any design/shape/angle you like.
- At this point in time, you can sprinkle on some loose craft glitter to really make the craft pop.
- Once you are done decorating the paper plate that will hold the baby, set it aside to let it dry a bit.
- Now grab your printed printable.
- Color in the baby design however you like.
- When done coloring in the shapes, trim out the piece with your scissors. Discard excess paper.
- Finally – the last step of this paint covered paper plate manger. Use the school glue to glue the cardstock paper piece to the center of the paint covered paper plate.
- Set aside to let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
RELATED —> Baby Jesus Christmas Star Ornament
Love this Paper Plate Manger craft idea from us? Then be sure to also check out our Mixed Media Nativity Scene kid craft idea, as well!
We love connecting with our readers and fans! Come join our PRIVATE FACEBOOK GROUP so we can become crafty BFF’s!!!