‘Tis the season to be spooky! Get into the Halloween spirit and let your inner monster out by making this fun-filled, haunted Halloween moon craft idea from us!
Paper Plate Haunted Moon Craft
Clear off the kitchen table this afternoon because you are going to REALLY want to recreate this super easy haunted Halloween moon craft idea with your child today.
This easy paper plate project is sure to get you in a festive mood as you create an eerie night scene with just a few materials.
All you need are some paper plates, cardstock paper and a bit of creativity to build your own ghoulishly glowing moon that is perfect for displaying on Hallow’s Eve!
So grab your crafting gear and join us on an adventure through oblivion with this simple but spine-tingling project. Keep on scrolling for the full details and free printable! Also – don’t forget to FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK so you never miss a new tutorial from us!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Witch House
Spook up your home this Halloween with a DIY glowing moon craft! Kids will love making their own eerie decorations to celebrate the spooky season.
- Large Paper Plate
- Yellow Paint Crayon
- Cloud Printable – on our landing page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Gray Cardstock Paper
- Color Printer
- Black Marker
- optional – Halloween Stickers
- First things first – paint your paper plate completely yellow. If desired, sprinkle some loose craft glitter on top of the wet paint.
- When done, set aside to let it dry completely.
- Next up – print out the cloud printable on a single sheet of GRAY cardstock paper.
- Trim out the cloud shape and discard excess paper.
- Next grab your second sheet of white cardstock paper, along with a pencil.
- Pick a hand – any hand and lay it flat on the paper. Trace your it with a pencil.
- Now trim out the handprint design with scissors.
- Use a black marker to draw on some eyes and mouths on EACH finger tip to turn them into ghosts.
- Finally – the assembling of your Halloween moon! Staple/glue all of your cardstock pieces in place. You will want the handprint “ghosts” behind the cloud.
- Follow that up with any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then display it proudly for all to see!
- Don’t forget to snap a few pictures of your creation, to share with us on Facebook! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Pom Pom Painted Spider
With Halloween right around the corner, there’s no better time to take a break from the routine of everyday life and try out this fun-packed paper plate haunted Halloween moon craft.
Whether you are a novice crafter or experienced expert, today’s activity will have you and your family in stitches as each masterpiece takes shape.
Even if you don’t have every single item listed in this tutorial, don’t be discouraged. Improvise with items you may have lying around your home and make something magical from it.
Don’t forget to share any creative spinoffs of this craft with us! There’s nothing quite like getting into the spirit of celebration by creating imaginative works of art with your loved ones.
So grab your family and get excited about taking part in some spooky artful fun!
RELATED —>Witch Moon Craft Idea