Get your kids excited about the upcoming school year with this fun and easy handprint craft! Perfect for decorating the walls of any classroom or just brightening up a kid’s day.
Today’s tutorial is a simple “high five themed” paper craft idea that is the perfect way to kick-start the new school year.
Whether you want to keep the finished product as a memorabilia piece you place in a scrapbook or maybe you want to give something special to your child’s new teacher on the first day back, I think our latest craft idea is a must-do activity!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get to it! Keep scrolling so you can download the free file below and get to work on making a one-of-a-kind handprint back to school keepsake with your child today!
High five and celebrate! Let your kids get creative with this easy and fun handprint craft – the perfect keepsake to commemorate an awesome first day of the new school year!
- Free Printable – Landing Page
- White Cardstock Paper
- Washable Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Paper Plate
- Baby Wipes
- Sharpie Marker or Pen
- First grab our Handprint Awesome School Year Printable that is listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the file you just downloaded, in color, on a single sheet of white cardstock. You will only need ONE print per craft. Print as many as you like!
- Next up – grab your craft paint, small paper plate and the foam paint brush.
- Squirt a small amount of craft paint on the paper plate.
- Now pick a hand – any hand will do!
- Using the paint brush, cover the palm and fingers of your child’s hand completely with the craft paint.
- Working quickly, press down the painted hand in the center of the printable.
- Go ahead and press down & gently wiggle each finger so the paint really transfers to the paper.
- When ready, carefully lift up their hand from the paper to reveal the painted handprint design on the paper.
- Clean off excess paint from your child’s hand with a few moist baby wipes and a quick trip to the sink.
- When done cleaning up their hands, be sure to set aside the piece of paper with the painted handprint on it, to allow it to dry completely.
- When the painted handprint on the printable is completely dry, add whatever embellishments your child’s crafty heart desires to make it extra AWESOME!
- Don’t forget to also have your child sign their name in the provided blank space with a marker or pen.
- Then display/gift away the paper piece proudly for all to see!!
RELATED —> Stained Glass Apple