Buckle up and get ready for a truly unforgettable adventure as we embark on this exciting journey of crafting with our little ones. Let’s dive right in and discover the joy of making adorable heart-shaped penguins together!
Welcome to our blog! If you’re a parent, caregiver, or teacher looking for a fun and creative craft idea to do with the little ones, then you’ve come to the right place. Today, we’re excited to share with you our heart-shaped penguin craft idea for kids.
Get ready to embark on a delightful crafting adventure that will not only spark your child’s imagination but also help in developing their fine motor skills and creativity.
Whether you’re planning a craft session for a rainy day, a playdate, or a classroom activity, this charming heart-shaped penguin craft will surely captivate children of all ages.
So, grab your supplies, gather the little ones around, and let’s dive into the world of arts and crafts together!
What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day and/or winter than by spending time with your kids and making this adorable penguin craft together?!
- Foam Heart Shapes
- Orange Cardstock Paper
- White Cardstock Paper
- Blue Cardstock Paper
- White Computer Paper
- Wiggle Eyes
- Glue Stick or Glue School
- Snowflake Stickers & Embellishments
- First lay your blue cardstock paper on your working table.
- Grab the sheet of white computer paper and gently tear off a section that will become the “snow” in the craft.
- Glue that piece onto the bottom of the blue paper. Add a second layer of “snow” if you choose.
- Next glue your foam heart shape in the center of the blue paper.
- Now grab your remaining sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Cut out a simple heart shape that will be the belly of the penguin.
- Next grab the orange cardstock and cut out a large triangle nose, as well as TWO heart shaped feet.
- The final step is gluing down the “belly” heart shape in the center of the craft foam piece, along with his beak, eyes and feet.
- At this point in time you should also add your embellishments.
- Then set aside your finished heart shaped penguin piece to let it dry completely before displaying it proudly for all to see.
RELATED —> Handprint Penguin Cards