Spend some quality time with your little one today and recreate this adorable Craft Foam Heart Valentine Penguin craft! All you need is a few basic art materials and a little creative spirit to bring them to life in your Valentine’s Day holiday plans!
Craft Foam Heart Valentine Penguin – Kid Craft
One of the best things about our valentine penguin craft is the fact that it’s super affordable and started with a simple pre-cut craft foam heart shape. Several stores have them this time of year and sometimes you can even score a big pack of various colors, for less than $5!
These fun little craft foam valentine penguins are quick, customizable and ideal for making with younger children. Simply grab some heart shapes and raid your paper scrap stash for the rest! Then add a few embellishments of your choosing to make them stand out for the Valentine’s Day holiday.
Well friends – I’ll let you get to it! Find ALL the details you need to know, in the full step-by-step tutorial below! These heart shaped penguins are super fun to make and I’m extra positive you are going to have some awesome memories making them with your child!
RELATED VALENTINE’S DAY CRAFT TUTORIALS ON GLUED TO MY CRAFTS: Fox Valentine’s Day Card Box Craft and Paper Handprint Owl Hug – Kid Craft
Heart Shaped Penguin Craft Supplies:
- Large Craft Foam Heart Shapes – one per penguin craft
- Orange Cardstock
- White Cardstock
- Basic Craft Scissors
- Large Wiggle Eyes – two per penguin craft
- Glue Stick or Glue School
- optional – small decorative bows
* First decide the color scheme you want for your penguin. Remember, this is the fun part of the craft and where the creativity really shines. You don’t have to stick to the traditional Valentine’s Day colors either! Whatever color your craft foam heart is, go for it!
* Once you have the vision, it’s time to start pulling out the various materials. You will want ONE foam heart and a little bit of orange/white craft paper for EACH penguin you want to make today.
* Lay your craft foam heart on the table. Other than decorating it, you won’t be doing any cutting to it.
* Grab your white cardstock and scissors first.
* Cut out a small sized heart shape that will be the belly of the penguin.
* Next grab the orange cardstock and cut out a large triangle nose, as well as TWO heart shaped feet.
* The final step is assembling. Grab ALL your paper cutouts and choice of adhesive.
* Start off by gluing down the “belly” heart shape in the center of the craft foam piece.
* Follow that up by gluing on the feet, nose and finally the wiggle eyes.
* At this point in time set aside your finished heart shaped penguin piece to let it dry completely.
* You can also choose to add on other embellishments to give it that “dazzle” for Valentine’s Day. Maybe add some small bows or heart shaped stickers.
* And that’s it! Don’t forget to share pictures of what you create on your various social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts
PAIR YOUR FINISHED CRAFT WITH OUR —> Craft Foam Heart Unicorn Craft
Make It Your Own Today:
For instant party decor, place tape to the back of each finished piece to adhere to a wall or add string to your pieces to create a nice festive Valentine’s Day garland.
You can also add some extra large popsicle sticks to the back of your finished penguin pieces for instant puppet play or even for a Valentine’s Day photo booth.
I also mention above that these would make for adorable classroom valentines. Just write on the back of your finished pieces, with a Sharpie marker and then give away to the lucky recipient!
One last tip – if you don’t have craft foam heart shapes, you can ALWAYS cut out a basic heart shape from paper and follow the steps above the same way. We just hope to SPARK the creativity within you today!
Before you leave our website, please be sure to check out our Craft Foam Heart Roundup for other creative ways to use this inexpensive heart shaped materials in your Valentine’s Day plans! There are so many ideas to pair with today’s heart shaped penguin tutorial – hint hint! #gluedtomycrafts