Hi friends! I’m so glad you landed on today’s Silly Hair Sticky Stick Puppet tutorial!
On that note – it’s time for some EPIC puppet play with some custom pieces you help your child make today!
For an inexpensive and crafty thrill this afternoon, we are going to show YOU how you can create some one-of-a-kind silly hair Sticky Stick puppets with your child and have a puppet show right in the living room in celebration afterwards! It’s so simple! I promise!
All you need is some wooden wavy craft sticks, colorful feathers, pipe cleaners and other small embellishments to give them life. Then set up shop on the kitchen table and let your child’s imagination go wild as they make some one-of-a-kind creations for their very own puppet show. Kids will love how they can customize their pieces however they like, while you will love seeing their creativity really take off!
You can find ALL the details you need to know, in the FULL tutorial below for these adorable Wavy Craft Stick Silly Hair Puppets! Whether you make them as a simple afternoon craft to pass the time or intend to use them as puppets like we did – these wild-haired friends are super easy, really inexpensive and of course – fun for ALL ages!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your craft supplies, check out the details below and get ready to inspire those young creative minds today! Happy crafting my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures with us afterwards on our Facebook page to enjoy from afar! #gluedtomycrafts
Silly Puppet Craft Supplies:
- Wavy Popsicle Sticks – one per puppet
- Various Colors of Craft Paint
- Small Paint Brushes
- Small Paper Plate
- Thick Tacky Glue or Hot Glue Gun
- Small Pom Poms
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Assorted Craft Feathers
- Pipe Cleaners – one per puppet
- Sharpie Markers
- First things first – pull out your wavy craft stick and paint supplies.
- Squirt the paint on the paper plate.
- Use the paint brush to paint the wavy stick however you like!
- When done, set aside the painting materials.
- Now grab the other embellishments. Turn on the glue gun if you are working for that.
- Have your child pick out their feathers for each of the silly hair stick puppets they will be making. A good rule of thumb is two feathers per puppet.
- Once the feather colors are decided, go ahead and glue it to the top of the painted wavy stick.
- Now you are ready to really give the stick puppets some life. Grab some wiggle eyes, some small pom poms and your glue.
- Go ahead and glue those onto the wooden craft stick like a face.
- Use your Sharpie markers to draw on a face as well.
- When done with the decorating, set it aside to let them dry completely.
- You’re almost to the finishing line with this last step! Go ahead and grab a pipe cleaner & wrap it a few times around the craft stick, as well as twisting it a bit to look like arms.
- At this point, you can also add other embellishments as you see fit OR get straight to the imaginative play with your awesome new creations!