Hello craft loving parents and caretakers! If you’re looking for a fun Valentine’s Day craft for preschoolers, look no further than the goofy and giggly handprint love monster craft idea from us!
Today I’m sharing a simple yet creative craft idea that both little kids and parents will love—handprint love monsters!
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I wanted to come up with an arts and crafts project for preschoolers that incorporates fun elements of the holiday without being too centered on romance.
By using their hands to create sweet “monsters” out of paper, googly eyes, and other materials, children get to proudly display their handiwork while also giving their parents a one-of-a-kind little valentine.
These handprint love monsters are entertaining for little ones to assemble and make for a memorable keepsake.
Keep reading to see how you can bring this craft to life with your preschoolers using basic supplies likely already found around the house!
- Monster Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Colored Cardstock Paper
- Paint Crayons
- Googly Eyes
- Heart Stickers
- First things first – print out the monster printable, on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Use the crayons to color in the design however you like.
- At this point in time, you should also also add on the googly eyes and heart stickers as well.
- When done, trim out the shape and discard excess paper.
- Next grab your colored cardstock paper and pencil.
- Trace your hand TWICE on the paper.
- Trim out both designs.
- Now grab the ribbon and cut off TWO long pieces.
- To finish off the paper love monster craft, simply staple the ribbon and handprint cutouts to each side of the decorated cutout.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then display as is or gift away to spread some cheer this spooky season!
RELATED —> Love Monster Cupcake