Create a timeless, unique holiday decoration with your kids this year! Get creative with our easy to follow popsicle stick nativity photo frame craft idea and free printable below!
Keep your little ones busy (and their Christmas spirit alive) with this fun and easy wood popsicle stick nativity photo frame craft! Get creative, be inspired, and capture holiday memories that will last a lifetime!
- Five Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Light Brown Cardstock Paper
- School Glue
- Brown Craft Paint
- Small Paint Brush
- Printed Picture
- White Cardstock Paper
- Free Printable – on box.com
- LARGE Brown Cupcake Liners – three per craft
- First things first – use the school glue to glue down your FIVE JUMBO POPSICLE STICKS into a house formation, in the center of the colored cardstock paper. I started with the bottom and then added the triangle roof on top.
- Go ahead and use a small paint brush to paint the two roof pieces brown.
- Next up – grab your printed picture and trim it down so you can place it inside the frame. Secure that in place with some glue on the back.
- Now grab the printable, along with your crayons.
- Color in one of the babies and a star.
- Trim them both out with scissors.
- Now for the bed of straw. Grab your three cupcake liners and stapler.
- Flatten each set out with your hands and stack them on top of each other.
- Use the stapler to secure them together in the center.
- Next use the scissors to cut a simple fringe around the edge.
- Use your fingers to “fluff” it up and give it even more dimension.
- Finally, the last step! Go ahead and glue down both paper pieces on the picture frame design. The star goes at the top while the baby goes on the bottom.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then allow it to dry completely before you display it proudly for all to see!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Nativity Wreath