Create a festive angel ornament with the kids this holiday season! All you need is a few simple supplies and your imagination to make this cupcake liner angel craft come to life before your eyes!
Get crafty this holiday season with the kids by making some beautiful cupcake liner angel ornaments. Bring out your inner artist and capture the joy of crafting together!
- Angel Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Crayons, Markers or Coloring Pencils
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Large, White Cupcake Liners – two per craft
- Single Hole Punch
- Gold Pipe Cleaners
- Loose Craft Glitter
- First things first – download the free angel printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Go ahead and color in ONE of the angel designs however you like. Don’t forget to also draw on her face!
- When ready, trim out your angel design with scissors.
- Now grab your TWO white cupcake liners.
- Flatten them out with your hands and then fold them in half to make half circle angel wings.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the two white cupcake liner pieces down and then the paper angel cutout on top.
- If desired, sprinkle on some loose craft glitter on the dress portion before moving on.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and carefully lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- For the final touch, you are going to add a hole punch at the top of the ornament and thread/fold your pipe cleaner to make the halo. This will also become the “hanger” for the ornament.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful angel Christmas ornament piece!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Angel
This “Angel Wing Ornament” craft is an excellent idea for kids to make their own handmade decorations that are sure to become a holiday staple of any family’s traditions!
So don’t waste time, gather your materials and start crafting up some delightful holiday ornaments with your child today! Happy crafting, my friends!