Get your holiday crafting started with this sweet and fun Christmas ballerina ornament craft idea for kids! Perfect for filling up the tree with handmade love this season!
‘Deck the halls with boughs of holly’– and ballerinas! Get the kids in on the fun this season with this festive, easy-to-make ornament craft idea from Glued To My Crafts! With the cupcake liner tutu it also has a fun 3-D effect to it that different from the rest!
- Ballerina Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Crayons, Markers or Coloring Pencils
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Large Cupcake Liner – one per craft
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- First things first – download the free ballerina printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Go ahead and color in the ballerina designs however you like.
- When ready, trim it out with scissors.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the ballerina cutout on top.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- For the final touch, you will hold ONE cupcake liner in half and staple it to the finished design. This will be the ballerina’s tutu.
- Add any other embellishments you see fit.
- Then hold punch a hole at the top and string some string through it for easy hanging.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful ballerina Christmas ornament piece!
RELATED —> Craft Stick Snowman Ballerina
This “Christmas Ballerina Ornament” craft is an excellent idea for kids to make their own handmade decorations that are sure to become a holiday staple of any family’s traditions!
And with our easy-to-follow instructions and free provided printable above, anyone can easily craft their own ornament and add a bit of sparkle and merriment this year!
So don’t waste time, gather your materials and start crafting these delightful ornaments today! Have fun and Merry Christmas!