Have some fun crafting with the kids this weekend! This cheerful skull suncatcher craft is guaranteed to get their creative juices flowing! Who’s up for some spooky-cute creations?
Stained Glass Skull Craft For Halloween
Give your home a Halloween makeover with today’s skull suncatcher craft idea! It’s made with tissue paper, glitter and FREE provided skull head cutout printable!
This paper skull kids craft idea is absolutely perfect for your Halloween or Day of the Dead holiday decoration. On that note, find the FULL step-by-step instruction tutorial and free printable below & get ready to create some show-worthy pieces to add to your home’s windows!
Happy crafting, my friends!! Don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s finished stained glass sugar skull with us! You can ALWAYS tag us on Facebook or Instagram for easy sharing! I can’t wait to see how your little crafter decorates their paper skull pieces! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Stained Glass Cauldron
Just in time for Halloween decorating! Get your spooky craft on with this easy Skull Suncatcher idea. No fear–it’s a breeze to make and the perfect way to inspire some creative fun with the kiddos!
- SKULL Template – on our Halloween landing page
- Color Printer
- White Cardstock Paper
- Paper Craft Scissors
- Clear Contact Paper
- White Tissue Paper Squares
- Glitter, Sequins, Stickers etc.
- First print the FREE skull template listed above. You will want one skull printable per craft.
- Grab your scissors.
- Trim out the skull shape, as well as the inside of it.
- Before you discard the excess paper, make sure you also cut out the EYES and NOSTRIL HOLES.
- Now grab your clear contact paper.
- Cut out TWO pieces that are bigger than the skull cutout.
- Remove the backing from one piece of contact paper.
- Lay it on a flat surface.
- Place the skull cutout, face down, on the contact paper.
- Now add in the eyes, nostrils etc.
- Next have children decorate the inside of their skull design however they like with tissue paper squares, glitter etc.
- Once they are done decorating inside the piece, grab the second piece of contact paper.
- Peel off the backing and place it on top of the other piece of contact paper, moving your hand around to “squish” everything together.
- To finish off the Stained Glass Skull craft, use your scissors to trim out the skull/remove the excess contact paper.
- Then display proudly on a window with tape!!!
PAIR YOUR CRAFT WITH OUR PAPER BAG WITCH GNOME TUTORIAL!
Love this skull suncatcher craft idea from us?
Then you WILL also want to check out our super popular Stained Glass Halloween Lantern craft tutorial and recreate it with your little crafter today!