Get inspired by this easy craft yarn lion mane card idea for kids! This simple project is perfect for little ones who want to make something special for their friends and family this Valentine’s Day.
Lion Card Craft Idea For Kids
Keep things simple but fun with today’s roar-some Lion Mane Card craft idea made with craft yarn and cardstock paper!
To complete this handmade card DIY, all you need is some simple yellow cardstock paper, orange craft yarn, school glue and some large wiggle eyes to pull it together! That’s it! Basic supplies that you probably have in your stash right now. So I call that easy peasy, lemon squeezy! I’m not LION when I say it’s the easiest craft you can pull together with your child today!
So I challenge YOU, after school today, to clear the table to make room for a fun craft that is extra nice to gift to someone special tomorrow. I just know YOU and the lucky receiver will love this handmade card idea!
RELATED —> Chalk Art Lion Mane
It’s a fun, crafty and easy kids card idea that is lion themed. You will have a roaring good time recreating our tutorial! Just check it out below!
- Yellow Cardstock Paper
- Orange Craft Yarn
- Craft Scissors
- School Glue
- Large Wiggle Eyes – two per lion card
- Black Marker
- First fold your yellow cardstock paper in half to make a card. This card can be ANY size or shape you like!
- Next up – go ahead and grab your wiggle eyes, glue and black marker.
- Glue on the wiggle eyes to the center of the folded cardstock card and draw on a mouth underneath with the black marker.
- Next grab the orange yarn. Cut several strands from it.
- Have children draw a circle of glue around the wiggle eyes/drawn on mouth and lay the yarn on top, until they have a look of a lion’s mane.
- Repeat until you have the look you like.
- To finish off the Yarn Lion Mane Card – have children write “I Love You and I’m not LION” or “I’m wild about you” underneath their circular yarn design.
- Then set aside to let it dry completely before gifting away!