Keep things simple but fun with today’s roar-some I’m Not Lion – Handmade Yarn Lion Mane Card craft idea!
Whether for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or just because you want to – this lion themed kid craft idea will hit the SWEET SPOT!
To complete this handmade card DIY, all you need is some simple yellow cardstock, orange craft yarn, school glue and some large wiggle eyes to pull it together! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy – I’m not LION with that statement!
So I challenge YOU, after school today, to clear the table to make room for a fun craft that is extra nice to gift to someone special tomorrow. Happy crafting, my friends! #gluedtomycrafts
Handmade Yarn Lion Mane Supplies:
* Yellow Cardstock
* Orange Craft Yarn
* Craft Scissors
* School Glue
* Large Wiggle Eyes
* Black Marker
* First fold your yellow cardstock in half to make a card.
* Go ahead and grab your wiggle eyes, glue and black marker. Glue on the wiggle eyes to the center of the cardstock card and draw on a mouth underneath with the black marker.
* Next grab the orange yarn. Cut several strands from it. Have children draw a circle of glue around the wiggle eyes/drawn on mouth and lay the yarn on top, until they have a look of a lion’s mane. Repeat until you have the look you like.
* To finish off the Yarn Lion Mane Card – have children write “I Love You and I’m not LION” underneath their design.
* Then set aside to let it dry completely before gifting away!
Love our I’m Not Lion idea? Be sure to also check out our Paint Splat Lions post! Another fun idea where we incorporate lions into craft time!