French Toast Recipe Using Orange Zest!
Let me give a little back story of this orange french toast recipe post.
My family is pretty much an orange kind of family.
My husband’s favorite color is orange. He likes orange soda and pretty much anything orange makes him drool. Ok, maybe not drool. But he does say “OoOo” when I buy/make something with orange as the main ingredient.
I craved COLD oranges when I was pregnant with little man. So of course, it comes to no surprise, lil man loves oranges too. Plus I have to say, he looks good in that color.
As for me, I go with the flow. When I do “crave” an orange, they have to be the thick skin. I hate the wimpy thin, hard to peel, kind of oranges.
I’ve mentioned it before that we do a big Saturday breakfast, pretty much every week. We normally spurge on these days. The calories don’t count on the weekend, right? This past weekend we created Orange French Toast.
This pretty much came together because we had some old bread and literally 1 cup of orange juice left. We were hungry and on a mission. A breakfast mission, that was completely successfully! Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do! Find it below! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED POST —> Banana Bread Cookies Recipe
Orange French Toast Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange zest
- 8 slices of thick white bread
- Place bread slices in a flat bottomed dish. (a casserole dish would be great for this) Whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon in a dish. Pour egg mixture over bread, and refrigerate until bread absorbs the liquid, about 10 minutes.
- Spray cooking spray in a large non-stick skillet. Heat over medium heat. Place bread into skillet. Cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place on a plate and drizzle with some syrup. Add whipped cream and more grated zest on top of your french toast, for an extra tasty treat.
- Finally enjoy your delicious orange french toast! Then repeat over and over again, for years to come!
Before you leave our website today, please be sure to also check out our SUPER POPULAR Applesauce Cranberry Bread recipe! #gluedtomycrafts
Orange French Toast Recipe
- casserole dish
- Mixing Bowl
- large skillet
- Serving Plate
- First things first - arrange your bread slices in a flat bottomed casserole dish.
- Now whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread in your casserole dish.
- Place the dish in the refrigerator until bread absorbs the liquid, about 10 minutes.
- When ready to start making the french toast, spray cooking spray in a large non-stick skillet. Heat it over medium heat.
- Place bread slices into skillet. Cook until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- When ready to serve, place on a plate and drizzle with some syrup. Add whipped cream and more grated zest on top of your french toast, for an extra tasty treat.
- Finally enjoy your delicious orange french toast! YUM!