Not only is this tasty treat bursting with flavor from juicy oranges and fragrant cinnamon, but it’s also a great way to bring creativity into your mornings.
Whether you’re looking for something special to make for Sunday brunch or just want a delightful surprise during your weekday routine, adding some vibrant orange color and zestful citrus taste to your French toast will help jumpstart each day.
Plus, this recipe is simple enough that even novice cooks can whip it up in no time – perfect for busy moms and dads!
French Toast Recipe Using Orange Zest!
Let me give a little back story of this orange french toast recipe post.
My family is pretty much an orange kind of family.
My husband’s favorite color is orange. He likes orange soda and pretty much anything orange makes him drool. Ok, maybe not drool. But he does say “OoOo” when I buy/make something with orange as the main ingredient.
I craved COLD oranges when I was pregnant with little man. So of course, it comes to no surprise, lil man loves oranges too. Plus I have to say, he looks good in that color.
As for me, I go with the flow. When I do “crave” an orange, they have to be the thick skin. I hate the wimpy thin, hard to peel, kind of oranges.
I’ve mentioned it before that we do a big Saturday breakfast, pretty much every week. We normally spurge on these days. The calories don’t count on the weekend, right? This past weekend we created Orange French Toast.
This pretty much came together because we had some old bread and literally 1 cup of orange juice left. We were hungry and on a mission. A breakfast mission, that was completely successfully! Hope you enjoy the recipe as much as we do! Find it below! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED —> Banana Bread Cookies Recipe
Orange French Toast Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange zest
- 8 slices of thick white bread
- Place bread slices in a flat bottomed dish (a large casserole dish would be great for this.)
- Next up – whisk together the eggs, milk, orange juice, orange zest, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon in another dish.
- Pour that combined egg mixture over the bread, and refrigerate until bread absorbs the liquid. This will be about 10 minutes.
- Now spray cooking spray in a large non-stick skillet. Heat over medium heat.
- Place soaked bread in the heated skillet. Cook on both sides, until golden, about 3 minutes per side.
- Place on a plate and drizzle with some syrup.
- Add whipped cream and more grated zest on top of your french toast, for an extra tasty treat.
- Finally enjoy your delicious orange french toast!
- Then repeat over and over again, for years to come!
Before you leave our website today, please be sure to also check out our SUPER POPULAR Applesauce Cranberry Bread recipe! #gluedtomycrafts