Get creative this Christmas and let your kids make their very own nutcracker photo ornament! They’ll have so much fun crafting a special memory to cherish for years to come.
Get crafty with the kiddos this holiday season! This nutcracker photo ornament is an easy and fun way to involve your little ones in the Christmas decor.
- Nutcracker Printable – on box.com
- White Cardstock Paper
- Clear Contact Paper – affiliate link
- Loose Craft Glitter
- Single Hole Punch
- Ribbon or String
- Printed Picture
- Craft Feathers
- First things first – download the free nutcracker frame printable listed above in the supply list.
- Print out the provided file on a single sheet of white cardstock paper.
- Use crayons to color in ONE of the nutcracker designs for now.
- Then use scissors to trim it out.
- Go ahead and also cut out the center where the head is.
- Next up – cut two equal sized piece of contact paper.
- Peel the backing off of one piece of contact paper and lay it down, sticky side up, on your work surface.
- Lay the nutcracker cutout on top of the contact paper, facing downward.
- Trim down your picture so it fits inside the ornament. Lay it inside the design.
- Sprinkle some loose craft glitter now on top, to fill in blank spots.
- Now peel the backing off the second piece of contact paper and lay it on top of the first.
- Use your hand to make sure everything is sealed together and that no bubbles exist.
- When ready, use scissors to trim off the excess contact paper from around the edges.
- For the final touch, if desired, add a feather for his hat and any other embellishments for a customized look.
- Then hold punch a hole on top and string some string through it for easy hanging.
- Then display/gift away proudly your child’s beautiful Christmas nutcracker ornament piece!
RELATED —> Nutcracker Gnome Keepsake
Now that you have the free printable and instructions to craft your own memorable nutcracker photo ornament with your kids, it’s time to get to work!
Deck the halls and those Christmas trees with a newly-crafted fun picture of your children as they share special moment making these memories together. Happy crafting. my friends! Be sure to follow us on Facebook so you never miss a new tutorial from us this season!