This crafty Paper Plate Pom Pom Lion post originally appeared on the Darice Craft Blog, as a kid craft contributor post from me! Find more crafty ideas and tons of supplies on their website!
I’m ROARING by with another simple and kid friendly craft idea that I hope gets you crafting with your child today!!! Inspired by some simple small orange pom poms I recently received from Darice, today I present to YOU our Paper Plate Pom Pom Lion kid craft idea!
It’s super creative, one-of-a-kind AND fairly easy, making it the PERFECT craft to create with your child today!!!
So what are you waiting for?! Let’s “roar” together and make time for some creative fun this afternoon! Find the FULL tutorial for this pom pom lion craft below!!!
Happy crafting, my friends!!! Don’t forget to share pictures of your lion made from a paper plate and orange pom poms on our Facebook page! #gluedtomycrafts
Pom Pom Lion Supplies:
- Small Paper Plate
- Darice 1″ Orange Pom Poms
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Foam Paint Brush
- Yellow/Black Craft Felt
- Darice Felties Felt Glue
- Black Marker
* First grab your small paper plate, craft foam paint brush and yellow craft paint.
* Squirt a small amount of yellow paint in the center of the paper plate. Hand over the paint brush and have children paint the entire paper plate completely yellow.
* While children are working on the painting aspect, grab the yellow and black craft felt, along with your scissors. Go ahead and cut out TWO large half circle ears for the lion from the yellow craft felt, as well as a simple heart nose from the black craft felt.
* Once the painting step is done, go ahead and staple your yellow felt ears to the paper plate, as well as gluing the felt nose and wiggle eyes to the center of the plate. At this point in time, you should also use your black marker to draw on a mouth and some whiskers.
* Now it’s time to add a pom pom mane to the lion craft! Go ahead and put a thick layer of glue around the edge of the paper plate. Have children place their orange pom poms all along the edge to create a full mane.
* Once done, add other embellishments you see fit before setting aside to let it dry completely. Then have kids display their Pom Pom Lion craft proudly for ALL to see!