This simple DIY Sweetheart Mug tutorial is perfect for busy moms, teachers, and crafters who are in need of some creative inspiration.
You’ll be thrilled by how quickly and easily these mugs can be customized to fit anyone’s style.
So grab some supplies and let’s get started on spreading a little extra warmth this February 14th!
We are sharing an EASY way to make your own DIY Sweetheart Mugs with simple steps & supplies! Then fill with treats for a special someone!
- Oil Based Sharpie Paint Pens
- Plain Ceramic Mug
- Large Removable Stickers
- Tissue Paper/Small Gifts
- First prep the surface of your mugs. You will want to wash them with dish soap and dry thoroughly with a soft, lint free cloth. It is VERY important that the surface is clean and free of any fingerprints.
- Next is the designing part. Place your heart sticker directly on the mug, making sure all the edges are down completely and smooth.
- Now grab your paint pens. Follow the directions on the marker packaging to get the paint going. Once ready, start filling in the area around the sticker with dots, really making sure to fill in the area. Add a second color if you like. If you mess up, wipe away with some rubbing alcohol on a q-tip.
- Once you are done with your design, carefully remove the sticker from the mug with some tweezers and add any touch-ups you may need.
- Place your finished mug in a cool oven before turning on the heat. Turn oven on to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Allow ceramic to completely cool in oven before handling. To avoid cracking when baking, let ceramic heat up and cool down with the oven. I left mine in the oven for a few hours.
- Once completely cool, remove your piece from the oven and stuff with some goodies & tissue paper.
- Then gift away your customized DIY Sweetheart Mug piece to a special friend, family member or even a complete stranger!
RELATED —> Tic Tac Toe Valentines
Whether your DIY Sweetheart Mug is for celebrating with a loved one or for making Valentine’s Day a bit more special just for you, it’s a creative project that is sure to bring cheer and love. Not to mention, it’s easy to do and inexpensive, meaning you can make many mugs if you want to be really extra!
This project is great for all ages and skills levels, so don’t let uncertainty stop you from getting crafty this Valentine’s Day.
Finally, if you don’t have time to create your own Sweetheart Mug, remember that gifting handmade items is always welcome too! Whatever the case may be, we hope that this project gave you a little something sweet (and sometimes sparkly!) to help make this Valentine’s Day memorable. So go forth and get crafting — Happy Valentine’s Day!
RELATED —> Mug Photo Ornament