Get creative with your garden this summer and add some bright and colorful elements like these painted pet fish rocks! It’s an easy and fun way to add a bit of personality to your outdoor space.
Brighten up your garden with these hand-painted pet fish rocks that are sure to bring a smile to any face! Let these vibrant little fish swish around your yard for some fun and creativity.
- Clean, Flat Rocks
- Craft Paint
- Paint Brushes
- Small Paper Plate
- Small Wiggle Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hot Glue Gun Sticks
- Craft Scissors
- Colored Cardstock Paper
- Loose Craft Glitter
- First place your rocks on a paper plate. Now have children paint the front of their rocks however they like! At this point in time, while the paint is still wet, have them sprinkle glitter on top as well.
- When they are done with that step, cut out cardstock fish features for each rock they are making.
- Get the glue gun hot and ready! Hot glue your cardstock pieces, along with the wiggle eyes onto the rock.
- Repeat for each rock. Then set aside to let it dry completely.
- Once dry – scatter your decorated fish rocks in your own front yard OR leave them in random places in town to spread some summer themed smiles!
RELATED —> Paper Plate Fish
Love this painted rock craft idea? Be sure to also check out our Watermelon Rocks post! It’s another creative way to use rocks for craft time AND decorating your neighborhood!