With our Sharpie Painted Garden Caterpillar Rocks idea you are sure to add some color and fun to your backyard oasis & summer plans!
Caterpillar Rocks For Your Garden
Hi friends!!! School is officially out and the summer boredom blues will be here before you know it!
Everyone wants their yard and garden to look amazing this time of year and today I’m sharing a Caterpillar Rocks craft idea that is sure to be a fun activity to get the whole family involved with. PLUS it’s also a great way to add some color to your outdoor oasis and you don’t need to be an experienced artist either!
With so many color combinations and designs galore – this Garden Caterpillar Rocks idea is sure to bring hours of crafty fun from start to finish! So what are you waiting for? Let’s grab those craft supplies, design up some one-of-a-pieces and show them off for the whole neighborhood to see! Happy crafting my friends!
ANOTHER GARDEN ROCK IDEA —> Painted Watermelon Rocks
Get creative with your kids this summer season! Show them how to make painted caterpillar garden rocks that are fun and colorful. Let’s bring some color to the great outdoors!
- Various Sizes of Rocks
- Sharpie Paint Markers
- Good, Flat Working Area
RELATED —> Strawberry Rock Painting
- First you will want to make sure you have a good working area. Make sure children are in clothes that can get stained and the table you are sitting at is well protected. Once you have that situated, go ahead and pull out your rocks and dust them off with a damp cloth in preparation of decorating them. At this time you should also go ahead and start arranging your rocks so you have an idea of the size and shape of your caterpillar.
- Next is the fun part – the decorating! Take your Sharpie Paint Markers out of their packaging and be sure to save the cardboard backing. Take the cap off a marker and start pressing the tip up & down on the cardboard, until the paint starts to cover the tip. Repeat for each marker.
- Now you are ready to paint your rocks. From solid colors to stripes and polka dots – the choice is yours! Remember to also paint a head on a single rock and some antennas to really give your caterpillar life!
- When done decorating your rocks, be sure to set them all aside in an undisturbed area to let them dry completely. This can usually be accomplished in a couple hours but overnight is even better.
- Once your rocks are dry it’s time to take them outside and start laying them throughout your garden and yard. Simply lay them on the ground in a caterpillar shape to complete the craft. Then take a step back and admire your hard work!
RELATED —> Sharpie Painted Mugs
Bonus Craft Tip – Be sure to add the date and your family’s name to the back of each caterpillar painted rock, so you will always remember the day you crafted these. Remember, you don’t need to only do this rock craft idea with your garden or yard. You can always decorate a few rocks and leave them throughout town for random strangers to find as well! There are so many ways to “ROCK” this idea and I’m sure you will!