Pumpkins and owls – it seems like a match made in heaven. Especially for Glued To My Crafts! Keep scrolling to see how I recently made this Paper Plate Pumpkin Owl kid craft idea so you can recreate it with your child this fall!
I just LOVE in-cooperating paper plates in our tutorials.
You can’t beat the price of a big stack of them and they are so easy to pick up at most grocery & party stores.
Recently I found some large, orange paper plates at Target, in their Halloween aisle and I instantly fell in love with the bright color of them. Plus I couldn’t beat the price of 60 for $3.
One thing lead to another and as I was holding them in my hand, I started to envision an owl made out of a pumpkin. Finally some paper handprint wings came along in the mix and this fall kid craft idea was born within minutes!
So without further ado – if you are looking for a clever way to use up some leftover orange paper plates from your Halloween celebrations, you are going to LOVE today’s Paper Plate Pumpkin Owl – Kid Craft.
Not only is this fall themed art project a great way to get crafty this afternoon – but it’s also really fun, completely customizable and great for children of ALL ages! Even adults will think it’s a HOOT!
So stop “hooting” around – let’s grab those supplies and get to work making this “owl-tastic” craft today! Happy crafting my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your pumpkin owl made out of a paper plate, on our Facebook page, for us to see! #gluedtomycrafts
Paper Plate Pumpkin Owl Craft Supplies:
* Large, Orange Paper Plate – one per owl craft
* Paper Craft Scissors
* Light Tan Colored Cardstock
* Dark Brown Colored Cardstock
* Red Colored Cardstock
* Yellow Colored Cardstock
* Large Wiggle Eyes
* Glue School
* Hand-Held Office Stapler
* Black Sharpie Marker
* Green Pipe Cleaner
* First things first – grab the light tan colored cardstock, pencil and scissors.
* Trace both of your hands on the paper, with the pencil.
* Use scissors to trim out the traced handprints. These are the wings of your owl.
* Set them aside.
* Now grab your remaining sheets of cardstock and your scissors again.
* Cut out owl features like eyes, nose, ears, small feet etc. Don’t forget to cut out a small rectangle for the “stump” that will go on top of the pumpkin.
* When you have all your paper pieces done, grab your orange paper plate, along with your stapler and glue.
* Start stapling and gluing ALL your paper pieces to the orange paper plate. I would start with the handprint “wings” on the sides and then work from there.
* Go ahead and also glue on the wiggle eyes so it can see.
* Then staple the paper stump to the top of the decorated paper plate, along with the green pipe cleaner that you curl with your fingers.
* To finish off the Paper Plate Owl Pumpkin Kid Craft – take your black Sharpie marker and draw on some squiggles in the center of the paper plate, for the owl’s belly. This will give it some dimension.
* Then add any other embellishments you see fit before you display it proudly for ALL to see!
* Don’t forget to share pictures with us on your social media sites! #gluedtomycrafts