Confession time. Although there are TONS of kid friendly crafts on Glued To My Crafts, my son is not always into “craft time.” Like most boys – he’s into legos, trucks and cars these days. Most times, he cringes at me and my obsession with “crafty stuff.”
So that’s why I’ve made it my mission to share more “boy friendly crafts.” Although I love sharing stuff like ballerinas and unicorns, I know the internet lacks on the boy kid crafts and moms are looking for something “different.”
So insert our Muddy Tires kid craft idea! Perfect for the little boys that just want to play in “dirt” and for mom’s who just want to squeeze in some craft time in between.
Using simple materials like washable craft paint, a toy truck and our free printable into today’s post – you can make a boy friendly craft come to life within minutes! It won’t even cost you ton of money either! Best part? Since I know from personal experience with my son – there are very little steps to get them frustrated and the creativity is ON THEIR TIME.
Want to recreate this with your child? Just download the red truck file below and have children make “muddy tires” on a sheet of paper to add their truck design on top of. No two pieces will be alike either! It’s easy peasy – just how a fellow boy mom likes it around here! #gluedtomycrafts
Muddy Tires Kid Craft Supplies:
* First download and print the free RED TRUCK printable above, in color on white cardstock. This printable will give you TWO trucks for two crafts.
* Using scissors, trim out the red trucks. Discard excess paper.
* Now you are ready for the fun part. Squirt some black & brown craft paint on a paper plate.
* Have children run their toy’s tires through the paint, then on top of another sheet of white cardstock. They can move it in any design and any pattern. Repeat until they have the look they like for their “mud.”
* Once done, get your toy car in the wash as soon as possible – hint hint! Especially if it’s a special toy car. Soap and water should get off the paint pretty fast. A small toothbrush might help too!
* Next up – use adhesive to add your truck cutout on top of the painted mud masterpiece. At this point time, you can add other embellishments you see fit.
* Then display for ALL to see!