These hedgehog valentines are the perfect way to show your loved ones how much you care! They’re easy and fun to make, and the kids will love them.
Skip the store-bought stuff and make handmade valentines with the help of Glued To My Crafts today!
Paper Doily Heart Shaped Hedgehog Valentines
I love this craft idea because kids can typically make these DIY pieces by themselves.
Although mom MIGHT have to step in for a little guidance or directions, it’s not really “being on them” step by step per say.
If you have school age children, you probably will have no problem with them recreating these by themselves AND having some awesome customized pieces that their classmates will be super impressed with! Sides that? Isn’t handmade the best way to go? I think so!
Whether for a boy or girl – these are sure to be a real winner in your crafty home! I promise! Find ALL the details you need to know, in the full tutorial below!
RELATED —> Handprint Hedgehog
These hedgehog cards are perfect for kids to make their classmates on Valentine’s Day. The chocolate nose is a must!
- Paper Trimmer/Scissors
- Small White Heart Doilies
- Cardstock Paper
- Black Sharpie Marker
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Tape Runner Adhesive/Glue Stick
- Large Glue Dots
- Chocolate Heart Candies
- First things first – whether using scissors or a paper trimmer, trim down your brown cardstock into 5×5 inch squares. You will want ONE brown piece per valentine.
- Next use your tape runner to adhere your paper doily heart to the center of the brown cardstock.
- Repeat for each valentine card.
- Following that, use a large glue dot to add your heart chocolate as the nose of the hedgehog, at the bottom tip of the heart.
- Now take your wiggle eyes and add those on in the center of the paper doily.
- Grab your pink cardstock and scissors. Cut out TWO small ears for the hedgehog. Adhere those on to your valentine.
- Next take your black Sharpie marker and draw on “spikes” all over and around the hedgehog’s face.
- Add other embellishments you see fit – like bows, glitter etc.!
- Finally – it’s time to your lion themed valentines gift away!
RELATED —> Chalk Art Hedgehog
For further inspiration this Valentine’s Day holiday, be sure to check out our Unicorn version of this craft!