Here is your invitation to get crafty with the kids today! No “monkeying” around. This Paper Doily Monkey Valentine Card idea is super easy to make and kids will LOVE recreating it with you too!
Nothing is impossible with our easy step-by-step tutorials! Keep scrolling for the full how-to on this quick paper heart doily card tutorial!
This Valentine’s Day monkey card is a perfect craft idea for the young crafter in your family.
- Paper Trimmer
- Small White Heart Doilies
- Colored Cardstock Paper
- Adhesive/Glue Stick
- Basic Paper Scissors
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- Large Glue Dots
- Chocolate Heart Candies
- First things first with your monkey valentine card – whether using scissors or a paper trimmer, trim down your darker shade of brown cardstock into 5×5 inch squares. You will want ONE piece per valentine.
- Next use your tape runner to adhere your paper doily heart to the center of the cardstock. Repeat for each valentine. This is the monkey’s head.
- Grab your light brown cardstock and scissors. Cut out TWO half circle ears and a large oval shape for his nose/mouth area. Adhere those on to your valentine.
- Now take your wiggle eyes and adhere them on as well.
- Following that, use a large glue dot to add your heart chocolate to the oval shape to make his nose.
- Add other embellishments you see fit – like bows, glitter etc!
- Finally – it’s time to give your adorable monkey themed valentines away!
RELATED —> Handprint Monkey
It may seem impossible but YOU CAN create some unforgettable and handmade pieces this Valentine’s Day holiday! We are here to help get those crafty juices flowing!