Have your child make a HUGE splash this upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday by giving their classmates their awesome handmade Paper Doily Hippo Cards with surprise candies!
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, those looking to give their loved ones something heartfelt and handmade can go beyond the traditional with a whimsical twist!
We’re taking the iconic heart symbol and turning it into something unique— a heart-shaped hippo!
This cute and fun project is perfect for anyone wanting to add a personal touch to their Valentine’s Day celebration!
Make a HUGE splash this upcoming Valentine’s Day holiday by giving your classmates these unique hippo Valentine’s Day cards with surprise candies!
- Pink Heart Doilies – one per card
- Cardstock Paper
- Adhesive/Glue Stick
- Large Glue Dots
- Large Wiggle Eyes – 2 per card
- Chocolate Heart Candies – 2 per card
- First things first – use adhesive to adhere your paper heart doily to the center of a single sheet of cardstock paper.
- Now grab some cardstock paper and cut out two ears & teeth.
- Adhere those in place on the heart shaped doily.
- Next up – use large glue dots to add TWO heart shaped chocolates to the paper doily. These are the nostrils for the hippo.
- Finish off by adding on the googly eyes to the paper doily.
- Now the final step – write a punny message around the hippo design and add some embellishments as well.
- Then it’s time to gift your beautiful creation away!
RELATED —> Popsicle Stick Hippo