Hi there friends!!! It’s Stacey and I’m just BUZZING by with another simple & inexpensive kid craft idea, on the Glued To My Crafts blog!!
Inspired by some simple black pom poms I recently purchased, today I present to YOU our Pom Pom Bee kid craft idea! Perfect for the spring weather we are having right now! #gluedtomycrafts
BUZZ BUZZ – make it with your child today!!!
No need to be scared of this insect! This lovable paper plate bee craft is easy AND simply one-of-a-kind, making it the PERFECT craft to create with your child today. Whether for spring or any day of the year, it’s sure to be a real winner!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s get buzzin’ and check out the full tutorial below! Happy crafting my friends!!! #gluedtomycrafts
POM POM BEE CRAFT SUPPLIES:
- Large Paper Plate
- 1″ Black Pom Poms
- Yellow Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Black/White Cardstock
- School Glue
- Large Wiggle Eyes
- First grab your large paper plate, paint brush and yellow craft paint. Squirt a small amount of yellow paint in the center of the paper plate. Hand over the paint brush and have children paint the entire paper plate completely yellow.
- While children are working on the painting aspect, grab your white and black cardstock, along with your scissors. Go ahead and cut out simple, large wings shapes out of the white, as well as a head and antennas from the black cardstock.
- Once the yellow painting step is done, go ahead and staple your cardstock pieces to the paper plate in their designated spots.
- Now it’s time to add pom pom stripes to your paper plate bee craft! Go ahead and put thick lines of glue on the paper plate. Have children place their black pom poms on the lines to create the iconic stripes on the bee.
- Once done, add your adhesive wiggle eyes for your bee to see. Add any other embellishments you see fit before setting aside to let it dry completely. Then have kids display their POM POM BEE craft proudly for ALL to see!
So what do you think? Simply “bee-tastic?” Right? Just what you can expect from Glued To My Crafts!
If you’re looking for another fun project to tackle with your kids today, check out our post on Bright & Sunny Paper Doily Sunshine Cards – Kid Craft and Craft Foam Egg Butterfly Kid Craft posts! #gluedtomycraftsinspiresyou