“U” Is For Unicorn – Paper & Pipe Cleaner Kid Craft Idea
Create some extra special and magical craft time with your child today with our “U” is for Unicorn kid craft idea!!!
Paper and rainbow colored pipe cleaners come together to make a one-of-a-kind unicorn piece within minutes! Perfect for craft time AND reinforcing the letter “U” in the classroom! Super perfect, right?!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s grab those craft supplies, download the free provided file and get to work on making a “mystical” piece today! You can find ALL the details you need to know, in the full tutorial below!
Happy crafting, my friends! Please don’t forget to share pictures of your child’s finished paper “U” unicorn with us on our Facebook page or tag us on Instagram to see it! I can’t wait to see how MAGICAL it turns out! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED UNICORN POSTS ON GLUED TO MY CRAFTS: Paper & Chalk Unicorn Craft For Kids To Recreate! and Craft Foam Valentine Unicorn Craft
“U” is For Unicorn Craft Supplies:
* FREE “U” PRINTABLE – DOWNLOAD ON BOX.COM
* White Cardstock Paper
* Choice of Color Cardstock Paper
* Gold Glitter Cardstock Paper
* Pipe Cleaners
* Thick Craft Glue
* Large Wiggle Eyes – one per unicorn craft
* Basic Craft Scissors
* Colored Markers
optional – glitter glue, small bows, stickers etc.
* First things first – download and print the “U” shape printable. You need “U” printout per unicorn craft.
* Next go ahead and cut out the “U” shape from the printable.
* Before you discard the remaining white cardstock paper, go ahead and cut out an oval shaped head for your unicorn.
* Next grab your choice of color cardstock paper.
* Start off by gluing down the “U” shape in the center.
* Follow that with the head shape on one of the tips of the U design.
* Finish off the paper craft steps by cutting out a small triangle unicorn horn out of the gold glitter and gluing it on as well.
* Now you are ready for the unicorn’s hair! Grab your scissors and pipe cleaners.
* Cut out several 2-3 inches for the tail and mane of the unicorn.
* To finish off your Paper Unicorn kid craft – have children glue their pipe cleaners in place, along with any other embellishments they like on the cardstock piece.
* Add a wiggle eye so it can see and draw on a smile, before displaying it proudly for all to see!!!
Don’t let the crafty unicorn magic stop here!
Love this paper and pipe cleaner unicorn idea? Be sure to check out our Popsicle Stick Unicorn kid craft idea as well! It will pair nicely with today’s tutorial!
We also have a great Facebook group for you to join for DAILY craft inspiration! Come join us in the chit chat and fun! #gluedtomycrafts