The last few years, my family had an annual tradition of apple picking in Colorado. Unfortunately now, with us living in Florida makes that tradition extra hard.
But no worries because I came up with a great CRAFTY alternative! Making Seashell Apples that are perfect for those “beach” living families who still want to make some great fall memories and decor!
So without further ado – find the full kid friendly tutorial below so you too can make some awesome pieces together as well! Whether for a fall or back-to-school theme, I hope our idea comes in handy for you! Happy crafting, my friends!!! #gluedtomycrafts
Seashell Apples Craft Supplies:
* Flat Seashells – any size, shape, store bought or even ones found at the beach!
* Red Craft Paint
* Paint Brush
* Paper Plate
* Brown/Green Cardstock
* Craft Scissors
* Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
optional – craft paint, rhinestones, glitter etc.
* First paint the outside of your seashells completely red. Set aside to let them dry completely.
* Next grab your cardstock. Cut out a stem and leaf for EACH seashell apple you are making.
* Now get the hot glue gun hot and ready. Go ahead and glue your cardstock pieces to your seashell/
* Add any other embellishments you see fit and set aside to let it dry completely.
* Once dry – display your finished Seashell Apple decor pieces proudly!! If you would like to – hot glue string to the back to turn them into ornaments or gift tags!
If you are looking for even MORE seashell themed crafts I’ve shared on the Glued To My Crafts blog, be sure to check out these past posts: