Handprint Fish Puppets – Kid Craft Idea For Summer
Today’s kid-friendly craft tutorial is ALL about puppet play! For an inexpensive thrill this afternoon, why not create some one-of-a-kind handprint fish puppets with your child and have a pretend “under the sea” show in the living room to celebrate?!
It’s so simple! Just raid your stash for bright colorful paper, school glue and of course – tons of popsicle sticks too. Then set up shop on the kitchen table and let your child’s imagination go wild as they make beautiful creations for their very own puppet show. Kids will love how they can customize their handprint fish puppets however they like, while you will love seeing that creativity really take off!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your craft supplies and get to work on helping your child make their very own “school of fish” handprint fish puppets today. Don’t forget to make a few pieces using your handprints too.
Happy crafting and pretend playing, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your paper fish creations on our Facebook page to admire from afar! I can’t wait to see how you decorate your fishies! #gluedtomycrafts
Fish Puppet Craft Supplies:
- Scrapbook Paper or Colored Cardstock
- Various Colors of Rhinestones
- School Glue
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks – one per fish puppet
- Craft Scissors
- Medium Sized Wiggle Eyes – one per fish puppet
- Pencil or Pen
- First, you will want to trace out your child’s hand on the paper and trim out the design with scissors.
- Repeat for how many handprint fish you want to create today.
- Next is the customization part of the Handprint Fish Puppets. First, I cut some heart-shaped lips out of orange colored cardstock and glued them near the palms of our handprint cutouts. Then I glued on some wiggle eyes, so our fish could see.
- At this point in time you can also add on the sequins, rhinestones, glitter etc to really customize your fish puppets!
- Once you are done with your customization, set all of your handprint fish puppets aside and let them dry before the final step.
- To finish off our Handprint Fish Puppets, I simply glued some popsicle sticks to the back of our cutouts and again, set them aside to let them dry completely.