What’s a child to do on a snow day? Build a frosty friend of course! With our easy step-by-step tutorial and free printable template – you too can pull together these Stained Glass Snowmen with your child in no time!
Keep your fingertips warm and the coats in the closet, while you create one-of-a-kind pieces to hang on your windows. My motto for this kid craft is “the more the merrier” and just like us – these snowmen come in all shapes, sizes and styles. No real rules – customize yours today!
Stained Glass Snowman Craft Supplies:
* First download and print the FREE printable HERE.
* Using your scissors, trim out the snowman piece, as well as the center of it.
* Now grab your contact paper and cut two pieces the same length. Take off the protective paper off one and lay it on a flat surface.
* Lay your snowman cutout on the contact paper.
* Now cut a “carrot” and some “buttons” out of orange/black cardstock and place them on the contact paper.
* Grab your tissue paper and cut it into small squares. Now have your child place it on the contact paper, to make a beautiful design.
* Once done, grab the other piece of contact paper and remove it’s protective sheet. Then lay it on top of the other piece and press firmly. Make sure every corner is stuck together.
* To finish off the craft, use your scissors to trim out the snowman. Then display proudly on a window.
Create a holiday worth remembering with our easy step-by-step kid craft tutorials! Be sure to check out these fun posts for even MORE crafty & festive inspiration. And as always – if one of our crafts inspires you, be sure to share it on our Facebook page. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!