Ho Ho Ho! It wouldn’t be the holidays without that big, jolly guy! Today we are celebrating everyone’s favorite icon of Christmas with this Paper Plate Santa w/handprint beard kid craft idea.
Keep scrolling for the full how-to so you can recreate it with your child this holiday season!
This super easy kid craft is perfect for keeping the little ones busy during the holiday season.
It’s also a great way to get them excited about Christmas and teach them about one of its most iconic symbols. Let your kids have fun making their very own Paper Plate Santa with this simple tutorial.
Inspire young, creative minds & encourage indoor family time with this super easy, red & white DIY Christmas craft.
It’s a small-scale craft idea but it’s sure to make spirits bright this season & the whole year through! Plus with the paper handprints for the beard of Santa, it’s an awesome keepsake idea as well!
So friends – let’s gather our craft supplies and get to work on making this paper plate Santa w/handprint beard come to life with your child today! Santa is watching and doesn’t want to put you on the naughty list! You can find ALL the details below in the full step-by-step tutorial!
Happy crafting, my friends! Don’t forget to share pictures of your handprint Santa paper creations with us on our Facebook page! It seriously makes my day to see the inspiration come to life! #gluedtomycrafts
RELATED CHRISTMAS POSTS ON GLUED TO MY CRAFTS: Disguise The Gingerbread Man Project and Paper Doily Santa
* Large Paper Plate – one per Santa craft
* Skin-toned Tissue Paper
* White Cardstock Paper
* Red Cardstock Paper
* Kid Friendly Craft Scissors
* School Glue
* Sharpie Markers
* Hand-Held Office Stapler
* Small Circle Punch or Extra Large Wiggle Eyes
optional embellishments – cotton balls or large white pom poms
* First cut your tissue paper into small squares.
* Put a good amount of glue all over the paper plate.
* Have your child place the tissue paper on top of the glue, until the paper plate is completely covered.
* Set aside to let it dry completely.
* While that is drying, work on the other Santa embellishments. We cut out a hat and red nose out of the red cardstock, as well as a handprint beard & eyes out of the white cardstock.
* To finish the Paper Plate Santa craft – simple glue on the eyes & nose, while stapling on the beard & hat.
* Then display proudly!
RELATED POST —> Handprint Santa & His Elves Gnome Keepsake Idea
ANOTHER IDEA – Skip the tissue paper and use craft paint instead for his face!
Deck the halls with our easy step-by-step kid craft tutorials & make memories that will melt your heart.
Be sure to check out these fun posts, listed below, for even MORE crafty inspiration from Glued To My Crafts!
And as always – if one of our crafts inspires you, be sure to share it on our Facebook page. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!
Paper Plate Santa w/Handprint Beard
- First cut your tissue paper into small squares.
- Put a good amount of glue all over the paper plate.
- Have your child place the tissue paper on top of the glue, until the paper plate is completely covered.
- Set aside to let it dry completely.
- While that is drying, work on the other Santa embellishments. We cut out a hat and red nose out of the red cardstock, as well as a handprint beard & eyes out of the white cardstock.
- To finish the Paper Plate Santa craft - simple glue on the eyes & nose, while stapling on the beard & hat.
- Then display proudly!