Keep things simple but fun with today’s roar-some I’m Not Lion – Yarn Card idea!
Whether for Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or just because – this lion themed kid craft idea hits the SWEET SPOT!
All you need is some yellow cardstock, orange yarn, glue and wiggle eyes to pull it together! Easy peasy, lemon squeezy – I’m not LION on that one!
So after school today, clear the table to make room for a fun craft that is extra nice to gift to someone special tomorrow. Happy crafting, my friends!
Yarn Lion Supplies:
* Yellow Cardstock
* Orange Yarn
* School Glue
* Large Wiggle Eyes
* Black Marker
* First fold your yellow cardstock in half to make a card.
* Go ahead and grab your wiggle eyes, glue and black marker. Glue on the wiggle eyes to the center of the cardstock card and draw on a mouth underneath with the black marker.
* Next grab the orange yarn. Cut several strands from it. Have children draw a circle of glue around the wiggle eyes/drawn on mouth and lay the yarn on top, until they have a look of a lion’s mane. Repeat until you have the look you like.
* To finish off the Lion Card – have children write “I Love You and I’m not LION” underneath their design.
* Then set aside to let it dry completely before gifting away!
Love our I’m Not Lion idea? Be sure to also check out our Thumbprint Car Card post! Another fun idea for #happymail to send to friends and family today!