Inexpensive paper plates make for the PERFECT canvas to create a beautiful Suncatcher Flower with!
A kid craft perfect for spring, Valentine’s Day or honestly – ANY day of the year. Make several at once in an infinite of colors, sizes and designs. Then display proudly on a window for ALL to see and enjoy!
Super simple to pull together, so you have NO excuse not to recreate it with your child today. So let’s “catch the light” together by following the FULL tutorial below!!! Happy crafting, my friends!!!
Suncatcher Flower Supplies:
* Large Paper Plate
* Craft Paint
* Paint Brush
* Clear Contact Paper
* First cut the center area out of your paper plate, leaving the rim intact. Do not cut on the rim of the paper plate. This is VERY important! Repeat for each piece you want to make.
* Before you discard the inner paper plate piece – use it as a template to cut your contact paper. You will want to trace/cut your contact paper slightly larger than the inner piece. Be sure to cut out TWO pieces of contact paper per paper plate craft. Once done, you may discard the inner paper plate piece.
* Now you are ready for paint! Have children paint their paper plate rim piece however they like. Really let them shine on this part!
* Once done, go ahead and grab your painted paper plate rim and TWO pieces of contact paper. Remove the backing off ONE piece of contact paper and place it on the paper plate piece.
* Flip it over and have children add glitter/sequins on top to create the center of their flower.
* Once they are done with that step, go ahead and remove the backing of the other piece of contact paper and place it on top of the glitter/sequins to seal everything in. Set everything aside.
* Now grab your cardstock and cut out petals for your flower. Depending on the size you cut, you may need 8-10 pieces.
* To finish off your Paper Plate Suncatcher Flower – have children staple on their cardstock petals around the paper plate piece. Then add other embellishments they see fit before displaying proudly!
Be sure to check out our Suncatcher Hearts post for another fun idea to make this time of year!