Our Paper Plate Felt Apple kid craft idea originally appeared on Darice.com as a contributor post. Be sure to check out their blog for even more awesome craft ideas!
Fall is officially here and apples are commonly associated with this time of year. With all that being said – that’s exactly what inspired this simple Paper Plate Felt Apple craft idea!
It’s a simple cut and paste craft that is beautiful on a small budget and fun for children of ALL ages. Teachers can even use this idea in a classroom setting and later turn them into decor for a back-to-school bulletin board! Whatever you decide to do with your finished apple craft, I hope you enjoyed making it!
- Darice Felt Glue
- Darice Felties Fun Pack – (You’ll use red, green and brown from it.)
- Large Paper Plate
- Black Marker
- Darice Kid’s Craft Scissors
* First grab your red felt and scissors. Go ahead and have children cut the felt into 1 inch wide stripes, then into one inch squares. Remember the squares don’t have to be perfect. Set aside.
* Take your glue and put a good amount all over the rim of the paper plate. Leave the inside of the paper plate blank. Now grab your red felt squares and place them on top of the glue, until the rim of the paper plate is completely covered. Set aside.
* While the red felt squares are drying on the paper plate, grab your green and brown felt. Go ahead and cut a simple stem shape from the brown felt. Then trace and cut out a handprint leaf from the green.
* Grab your paper plate and staple on the stem handprint felt piece to it.
* The final step is to take your black marker and draw small “seeds” in the center of the paper plate . Then display your apple craft proudly!!!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s grab our craft supplies and get ready to “grow” some one-of-a-kind apple pieces to show off today!