In honor of the upcoming back-to-school season, recently we created this Cupcake Liner Mouse kid craft idea that goes along PERFECTLY with the adorable book If You Take a Mouse To School by Laura Numeroff & Felicia Bond.
If you take a mouse to school, he’ll ask you for your lunch box. When you give him your lunch box, he’ll want a sandwich to go in it. Then he’ll need a notebook and some pencils. He’ll probably want to share your backpack, too . . .
The famous mouse from the New York Times #1 best-seller If You Take a Mouse to the Movies and If You give a Mouse a Cookie is back for his first day of school. Only Laura Numeroff and Felicia Bond could make school this much fun!
Not only is this kid friendly craft super simple and fun for all ages – but it’s also really inexpensive when it comes to the supplies. All you need is a silver cupcake liner, some cardstock and tons of glue!
So what are you waiting for? Find the easy step-by-step tutorial below, as well as links to other kid crafts that go together with our favorite books. Don’t forget to read the coordinating book in honor of this particular craft! Happy crafting and the first day back to school, my friends!!!
* Gray/Silver Cupcake Liner
* Gray/Pink/Black/White Cardstock
* Glue Stick
* First flatten and glue your cupcake liner to the center of your cardstock. This may take some extra effort but it’s super easy for kids to do.
* Once the cupcake liners is down, grab your other cardstock pieces and trim out the facial features for the mouse. Think big ears, whiskers and of course – eyes.
* To finish the Cupcake Liner Mouse, have children glue on the cardstock pieces in their designated spots on their cupcake liner. You can also add other embellishments that you see fit to really make it your own. Then show off and display proudly!
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas that go along with books, be sure to check out these fun posts. And “if” you decide to make this craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life!