Hi friends! Did you catch our Spaghetti Sensory Bin idea yesterday? Well – continuing on with the simple and quite “delicious” food theme, today I’m sharing this easy Paper Plate Spaghetti Kid Craft. Best part? It’s not as messy as the real thing but still super fun!
With only a few simple supplies like tissue paper and yellow yarn – you too can pull this easy kid friendly craft together for your child in no time. Pair it together with the book Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs, as well as our previous sensory bin idea post and you will have yourself a fun afternoon that is sure to bring lots of smiles & memories!
Wondering where to begin on this fun DIY craft? You’ll find the step by step tutorial below, as well as links to even more simple paper plate crafts that are sure to inspire YOU today! Happy crafting my friends!
* First things first – the sauce for your spaghetti.
* Cut your red tissue paper into small squares and put a good amount of glue all over the paper plate. Have your child take the tissue paper and place it on the paper plate, until it’s completely covered.
* Next is the noodles. Put some glue on top of the red tissue paper and lay the yellow string on top, to look like noodles.
* To finish it off, punch circles out of the brown cardstock and glue them on top, to represent the meatballs.
* Then let it dry completely before displaying proudly!
If you are looking for even MORE easy kid craft ideas using paper plates as a craft medium, be sure to check out these fun blog posts. And “if” you decide to make today’s craft, please share a picture on our Facebook page for us to see. We love seeing our inspiration come to life and it truly makes my day!