Let’s face it – even though I’m a stay-at-home mom, my days are still jammed packed and busy. Between my blog, cleaning the house and taking care of my son, I’m exhausted by the time 5 o’clock rolls around. But that doesn’t mean my family has to sacrifice and we can’t have a good home cooked meal every night.
For those of you who are busy like I am – a slow cooker is a lifesaver when it comes to “one-pot” simplicity! In the early morning before we jump start on our busy day, I pile all ingredients in it, set it and then forget it. Then once dinner time rolls around, all I have to do is grab some plates and serve everyone. It’s so easy and is one of my favorite modern conveniences.
So let’s talk about one of my family’s favorite slow cooker meals. It’s called Coconut Curry Chicken Stew and it’s a good hearty meal for those cold winter nights. I hope you enjoy the recipe below!!!
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken Stew
* Non-stick cooking spray
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
* 6 medium carrots, chopped
* 2 large onions, chopped
* 6 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
* 1 14.5 ounce can reduced sodium chicken broth
* 1 14.5 can light unsweetened coconut milk
* 1 tablespoon curry powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
optional – lemon juice, fresh cilantro
* Lightly coat a medium nonstick skillet with your cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat and add chicken. Cook for about 5 minutes or until lightly brown. Drain off excess fat.
* In your slow cooker, add in your chicken, carrots, onions, garlic and ginger.
* In a medium sized bowl, mix together your broth, coconut milk, curry and salt. Pour into slow cooker.
* Cover and cook on low-heat for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
* Before serving, if you like, stir in some cilantro and a squirt of lemon juice.